Monday, October 29, 2012

Favorite kind of weekend...we packed in a lot of family time and fun!  Started Saturday making cookies for two events that day--my 6-year-old's first piano recital and my good friend's family Halloween party (that even my dad seemed to enjoy!).  My son did an awesome job playing, "Come See the Parade" at his first recital (he was not even nervous and he memorized the piece!).  Then, my boys went to the party wearing the "tin man" and "lion" Halloween costumes that my mom made for them (she is uber-talented).  Oops!  I forgot that since we were going near IKEA for the party, we made a stop there for some necessities!

Sunday was:  worship, church, lunch, raking leaves (we have a LOT of large trees; but, we still prefer raking over any other method...how else could we give "rides" to our kids on the tarp that we use to drag the leaves to the curb for leaf vacuuming?); then, I did a lot of laundry in between reading (I started helping with the leaves; but my boys had it under control).  Then, dinner, campfire, roasted marshmallows and sparklers.  That's what our weekends are made of...

Here is the link for the recipe for the cookies we made on Saturday (our new favorite):
Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (we used 3/4 c. coconut oil and 1 T. almond milk) at, http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2008/03/buckwheat-chocolate-chip-cookies.html




No comments:

Post a Comment