Sunday, June 5, 2016

2.10








































To my Greta baby...("I not a baby!")

You love olives! But only those fancy green European ones we sometimes get, which we de-pit for you.

You went on your very first bike ride with Daddy the other day and you loved it...you even came across a little circus and a concert with some violins and a cello (ah! the perks of living in the city!), but Daddy says you just wanted to get back on the bike and go.

You want to help so much and do everything your "selfie, selfie" these days. You even started dressing yourself and taking your diaper off when you need to be changed.

You ask to wear a bow in your hair nearly everyday. "Put one on Estella's hair, too!" you always say.

I feel like I could say so much more, but the words escape me, Greta. I just want you to know how very proud I am of the person you are becoming. You are kind and generous. You are smart and beautiful. You are perhaps the most empathetic person I have ever met. Your aunt pointed out this special quality of yours on a trip to Nashville recently. You hate it when I sing "A bushel and a peck". Perhaps it's my voice? You much prefer "Twinkle, Twinkle" or "Too ra loo rai". Regardless, I'll sing to you for as long as you will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment