Friday, October 11, 2013

2 months

My goodness. Time is flying by so fast now. I can't believe it is already October! I am trying everyday to  take in, savor, and remember every moment with my little girl. I can't believe she is already two and a half months old.

The words that come out of most people's mouths when they first meet her are, "She's so alert." or of course, the classic, "She's so beautiful." And...as her mama, I tend to agree.






















To my darling baby...at two months.

You are in the 80th percentile for height and weight!

Whenever you are upset by something, you like to explain to that person why you are upset. You talk through situations. Daddy thinks this means you will be a professor.

You rolled over! Only a few times...but you did it!

You suck on your thumb or chew on your fist because you have two little teeth trying to poke through on the bottom.

You do not like going to sleep. You put up a fight. Literally. You actually hit mama while I am trying to put you to sleep. You smack me in the face or hit my chest...but I know you. I know my baby. And you eventually quiet down and close your sleepy little eyes and wake up a happy little caterpillar...or (on nights like tonight) you try to "reason" with us so that you can stay awake. You talk a lot...and with a lot of expression. It's so darn cute and hard to say no to.

You smile BIG when you hear familiar voices.

You study people's faces. If they talk to you in such a way, you respond right back. The pediatrician says you are a very sociable baby.

You've become a pro at tummy time.

Your favorite toys are your blue stuffed elephant (a gift from Aunt Christy) and your musical flying pig (a gift from Aunt Kelly).

Mama loves you so much, she may very well eat you up. And can I just say how much I LOVE breastfeeding you? Like...I am addicted. You make a little grunting noise when you know it's coming and sometimes you take your two little hands and squeeze mama's boobie or you put one little fist under your chin while you take your other hand and gently run it across my chest. Oh, and sometimes you talk while you are nursing...or smile BIG when mama says something to you. Your grandma told me that she thinks this is why she had so many kids. She loved to breastfeed her babies, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment