Friday, May 3, 2013

28 weeks...a week ago.






...and this is my belly compared to a 3 ft. balloon. Little Caterpillar should be weighing in at 2 1/2 lbs and is about half the length of that balloon.

Swimming is perhaps the most wonderful, liberating thing a pregnant woman can do. You feel weightless. You feel at peace...and then you step out of the water and it feels like you have cement blocks tied to your legs.

Again...people are so kind. I told Jon that I should be pregnant more often, if only for this single reason.

I've been trying to avoid buying maternity clothes. I love me some new clothes...but I'd like to be able to wear them when I'm NOT pregnant. My favorite maternity lines thus far are Topshop and Gap (for the essentials, such as jeans and tees)


I went with Jon to Milwaukee this week. It was really nice to be able to have dinner with him and spend a little time together. On Monday night, he took me to a gastropub in the third ward, Hinterland...it was so so good. It felt as if I was eating inside of a Restoration Hardware. Everything was very clean and grand and simple and beautiful, including the food.

I didn't venture far from the hotel. I read. (Bringing Up Bébé is brilliant, by the way) I swam. I watched HGTV. We don't have cable, so it's kind of a treat. And most importantly, I spent my nights with my husband.

I did walk around town on Tuesday...probably a good 4 miles, but I got blisters all over my feet. It was 80 degrees and I was wearing leather loafers...that's when I realized I was maybe due for a new pair of sneakers...ones that weren't my running shoes. So, I got these lovelies and they are super comfy! If they weren't so darned expensive, I would get them in more colors.





I really enjoyed my time in Milwaukee, but I am so happy to be home. Chicago is and always will be home to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment