Saturday, January 21, 2017

3.4 & 3.5











































To my Greta...at 3.4 and 3.5 years.

Today, I asked Alexa to play some music and our Amazon Dot played Rosemary Clooney...I was washing dishes and said, "Why would she assume I liked this?" You said, "I like Rosemary Clooney when I was a little boy...but I'm not a little boy anymore. Now, I'm a girl." I began thinking about the dreams I had while I was pregnant with you...dreams that you were a boy...so, perhaps a past life? So much heavy contemplation before 9am.

Your Christmas list consisted of a snow globe, jewelry box, choo choo train, and a walking talking dinosaur. You wanted to send Santa your list rather than visit him in person. You said you were scared.

The other day, you put a crown on your head and bowed to me in such an elegant way and said, "You majesty."

Your daddy surprised us with tickets to go see "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and you and your sister loved it so much. You were so engaged and you were the only two in the theater who were dancing in the aisle.

You say you want to be a ballerina when you grow up.

You say things to Estella like, "C'mere little girl. Come sit with me. Aw. You sweet." And you two will be sitting next to each other at the table and you will both look at each other and start giggling or screaming or today, you leaned in and kissed her.

You and your cousin, Mary, were painting across from each other over holiday and you stopped and looked at her for a time and then said, "You know what? I just love you, Mary." and you smiled so sweetly. I think you caught your cousin a little off guard...but my heart just melted when I witnessed this.

You amaze me, Greta. I take absolutely no credit for how sweet you are. You were simply born this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment