Monday, March 7, 2016

7 months





























































To my darling Plum...at seven months.

You have been getting on all fours and you rock back and forth. You also push up on your hands and feet and stick your butt in the air. And you can get around by pushing yourself backwards and pulling yourself forward. You'll figure out this crawling soon, my darling, especially with big sister showing you the ropes and her words of encouragement. "Good job, Stella. You can do it!"

You tilt your head from one side to the other. It is just so cute. I can't even stand it.

You say, "babababa, dadadada, and mamamama." Lately, when you are upset, you have been crying out "Ma! Mama! Mama! Ma!"

You giggle in your sleep. You have done this since you were a fresh, new baby.

I love the way you smile at me with your paci still in your mouth.


You had your first tastes of food (avocado, banana, and pear). You wanted to feed yourself...just like your sister. We've been taking it slowly because even when I give you the tiniest amount to the roof of your mouth, you start choking. And also because we all caught some sort of stomach bug that had you down and out for a good week. 

Today, I watched as you slowly pushed yourself backwards along the couch, pausing every now and then to look up at me with the proudest smile strewn across your face. You came to a blanket with tassels hanging from the couch and gently moved your face against them, smiling and laughing. These are the moments I want to hold onto...etched in my memory. Etched in my heart. Forever and ever, my Plum.

1 comment:

  1. Hang on to all the moments.. ALL
    Made my day!!
    Love, GA Jenny

    ReplyDelete