Monday, September 7, 2015

2.1











































To my spirited two-year-old,

We weren't sure when your little sister would grace us with her presence, so we celebrated your birthday with family a little late. I don't think you knew the difference. You were simply happy to see everyone.

You love to draw and paint!

You keep saying, "It's not funny!" with your arms crossed and the biggest frown on your face.

You call your blanket your "super duper".

You always ask, "I hold baby?" referring to your little baby sister.

You say, "What's that noise?" every time you hear something, even if you know exactly what it is...like Estella crying.

You've been talking a lot in Spanish. You officially know more than I do. Sigh...with the new baby, you have been watching far too much "Dora the Explorer".

When you call for "Mommy" or "Mama", you make big bubbles in your mouth with your spit.

I love the way you march. You kick your knees high and swing your hips and arms in perfect unison.

You keep saying, "Happy Birthday, mama!" and then you ask, "I open presents?"

You call your Gram "Dip". I have no idea where this came from, but I think it's endearing and your dada thinks it's hilarious.

Your most frequently used saying is, "Hmmmm....let's see."

You love hats and sunglasses. People always ask me how I get you to wear them..."she wants to." is typically my response.

You love to find a little record or disc or book and use them as "skates" around the house.

When your dada or I leave (sometimes just a room) and come back, you have been saying, "Hello mama! I SO miss you." It melts my heart, Greta. I want to bottle you up and keep you just like this for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment