Thursday, September 26, 2013

Carry On, Warrior... Review

I miss me some Greta.  Beautiful baby girl!  I am a lucky auntie!

I just finished reading, "Carry On Warrior.  Thoughts on Life Unarmed" by, Glennon Doyle Melton.  I loved it!!!!!  Love, love, loved it.  Bethany, you would love it, too.  If I had not borrowed it from the library (and if it weren't already a week overdue because I couldn't renew because someone else put it on hold), I would totally lend it to you. 

Not only is Glennon a terrific writer; but, I also wish she was my friend.  Her heartfelt, human and wonderful stories often made me laugh out loud (mostly at the airport in front of my colleagues/friends and LOTS of other people when we were waiting for our delayed flight).  Loved it.

I have VERY similar views about God.  Eerily similar.  Like, I did not know there was anyone in the world that would ever agree with me about my opinions on God and love and religion and faith.  And, I was wrong.  Glennon agrees.  Makes me feel that maybe I am on the right path after all.

I feel like she is a kindred spirit.  I have made oodles of mistakes (too many that people don't even know about) and I keep making them (for some reason...oh yeah, because I AM IMPERFECT).  I TRY to make smaller mistakes...and, I am constantly trying to improve, do better, heal.  I feel good when I am healing and when I KNOW I am healing.

Thanks to Glennon, I feel more brave.  Maybe there are some confessions in my future.  I want everyone to know how HUGELY IMPERFECT I am (see, www.greenmommusings.blogspot.com for more about my imperfection).  I rarely feel that I have all the answers.  Oh, wait, I mean, never.  I never have the answers.  And, that feels good.  Meant. To. Be.

So, Glennon Doyle Melton, will you be my friend?  If not, that's OK.  I have some great friends, a great husband and my wonderful sister, too!

1 comment:

  1. I am reading Carry On Warrior now! I feel the same way that you do! Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete