Wednesday, July 10, 2013

38 weeks, a happy 4th, and Dad's 75th

















































kisses/ he was mad because I kept sticking the flag in his face/ my pregnant belly beats your beer belly/ Happy 4th of July!/ George said, "It looks like the driveway is going poop!"/ coal miner/ cheese!/ hop on Papa/ he was being a wizard/ a firework heart/ the best finale/ you give him a sparkler and either he runs with it or he "gets" bugs with it/ hey Dad/ Happy 75th!

Last year, on the 4th of July, we were in Paris...it was lovely, but I wanted to see me some fireworks this year. Jon preferred to set them off, which was really fun, too. I'm grateful for so many things, but I am especially grateful that we could celebrate Dad's 75th birthday. Those gluten-free, dairy-free cupcakes are the best I've ever tasted. 

I'm also grateful you didn't leave those candles on his plate...Dad would've eaten them, for sure. He was eying my wrapper after I finished my cupcake...

No comments:

Post a Comment